The AAAI conference is the premier event in Australia for Angel Investors and for others who are interested in investing in early-stage companies.
Early Bird Registration with choice of accommodation
closes November 26th, 2010
This 4th AAAI annual conference on Angel Investing is being hosted by member groups, the Hunter Angels Trust and Hunter Founders Forum.
Conference Registration includes:
- Conference program
- Master Class - choose from three on offer
- Morning & Afternoon Teas, Lunch (Wed-Fri), Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner including pre-dinner cocktails
The Conference theme for 2011, "Angels without Borders" reflects the national and international trend to foster the break down of barriers at every level (knowledge, skills, industry, sector, group, distance, jurisdiction, etc.) and promote syndication, coinvestment and collaboration to support the growth of the companies in which Angels invest. Experienced Angels and entrepreneurs will describe effective governance and mentoring strategies.
Sessions focus on international Angel investment best practices covering key issues including consideration of a possible investment through to managing risk, relationships and strategies to enable successful exits from investments.
The Programme features speakers from Europe, Canada, USA, South America, Asia & the sub-continent, Australia and New Zealand. It includes Angels, other investors, successful entrepreneurs, policy developers, industry partners, government representatives and professional service providers. See the full programme.
In 2011 Australian Angels will continue to build their groups, invest in innovative companies in all technology sectors, be active contributors and leaders for the entrepreneurial community and ecosystem in Australia.
Already an Angel investor, or just thinking about becoming one?
Join us to:
- share in the latest in Angel education at the Master Classes;
- hear about real Angel deals that are in the works;
- get the latest research on the Australian Angel sector;
- review trends in Angel investment around the world;
- learn how Angel investments can be more successful;
- explore the construction of an Angel exit; and
- understand Angels building communities of interest with their corporate partners.
AAAI will present the views of Angels and other investors and professionals from across Australia and around the world.
If you are interested in how Australians investing in Australian innovation make remarkable financial returns and help Australia prosper in these challenging times then join us at the AAAI 2011 National Angels Conference.
- Nelson Gray, Angel & LINC Scotland Board Member (Scotland)
- Sasha Mirchandani, Mumbai Angels (India)
- Doron Ben-Meir, CEO of Commercialisation Australia (ACT)
- Wong Poh Kam, BANSEA (Singapore)
- Daniel Mothersill, President of NACO (Canada)
- Julie Garland-McLelland (NSW)
- Liddy Karter, MD of Karter Capital Advisors & ACA Board Member (USA)
- David Rose, Chairman of New York Angels & CEO Angelsoft, Inc (USA)
- Phil McCaw, Chairman of AANZ & Director of Movac Limited (NZ)
- Mark Bonnar, Investment Director of Clean Tech Ventures (Vic)
- Tony Le Messurier, Angel (Qld)
- Ayesgul Kayahan, Angel (Qld)
- Norman Evans, Upstart Angels (NZ)
- Andrew Loch, Gold Coast Angels (Qld)
- Jordan Green, Melbourne Angels (Vic)