When logged in to this web site AAAI members can access member-only content from this menu.
The Australian Association of Angel Investors Ltd (AAAI) is the national association for Angel investors founded in 2007. We
- Provide a voice for Australian Angel investors;
- Offer professional education and provide other relevant information; and
- Implement programs of interest in the sector,
to build a professional community of Angel investors and to enable our members to be more successful investors.
The fundamental tenet for AAAI and its members is that by enabling our members to be more successful as investors, more entrepreneurial businesses will be successful and our members will derive greater returns from their investments. This success will then encourage members to continue to invest in similar activities, thus promoting increased and ongoing investment and a sustainable “virtuous cycle” of investment driving the Australian innovation economy.
Since establishment in late 2007, AAAI has:
- Delivered Annual conferences in 2008 (Canberra), 2009 (Brisbane) and 2010 (Adelaide)
- Facilitated the delivery of several professional Angel education workshops from the Power of Angel Investing curriculum of the Angel Capital Education Foundation
- Secured an Australian license for the delivery of the full suite of ACEF PAI workshops and accredited 3 Australian PAI presenters
- Delivered the several workshops in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT.
- Significantly raised the profile of angel investing and the AAAI with Federal and State Governments and been invited to several Government roundtable strategic discussions
- Facilitated the formation of 14 new angel investment groups
- Collated a significant amount of information and resources that are available for sharing by members in a secure area that is available to financial members only
- Developed and delivered submissions to the Federal Enquiry into the Australian Innovation System
- Undertaken the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Annual Surveys of Angel Investment in Australia – the only comprehensive surveys of Angel investment in Australia
- Delivered a submission to the Federal Department of Industry, Science and Research as part of the CCI initiative post the 2009-2010 federal budget for ongoing support of the development of Angel investment infrastructure
Our goals for the next year include:
- To build the Association's activities and resources to support a sustainable business model
- Grow the resource base available to members
- Deliver greater support to established Angel Investor Groups in Australia
- To facilitate the establishment of further Angel investor groups around Australia to grow investment activities
- To build the overall Angel Investment Community in Australia and grow the linkages between Angel members, the broader business and Government sectors and grow the international linkages to support companies in which Angel Investors invest.
- To organize and deliver the 2011 Annual Conference in Newcastle and secure the location for the 2012 National Conference
- To organize and deliver in partnership with regional Angel groups and other stakeholders, a range of awareness and education programs to build awareness, recruit members and offer professional education to support our mission
- To undertake the 2011 National Survey of Angel Investment in Australia and grow the research effort into a substantial and ongoing longitudinal source of information on innovation and Angel Investment
- To build national and international networks supporting Angel investment
- To undertake a comprehensive communication program to deliver the AAAI message
- To improve resources and deliver value to our individual members and to support group formation
AAAI is committed to constant improvement, innovation and collaborations. The Association delivers products and services to members, groups and corporate and government stakeholders and welcomes involvement from stakeholders to increase collaborative effort in the broader innovation community.